InterConti Navigation GmbH is aware that we need to have an active policy that both protects the environment and promotes good
working practices designed to minimize the effects of pollution.
Our intention is to comply with all legislation, Official Codes of Practice and other practices that assist in providing environmental protection of the air, land, and water. This will be achieved by all members of our staff taking all reasonable and practical steps to minimize the effect of noise, vibration, dust, smoke and any marine pollutants produced by our operation.
Our Company Environment Policy is:
InterConti Navigation will promote actions for the prevention of damage to the environment, and carry out our business in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
InterConti Navigation’s top management and personnel will ensure that all our activities, regarding ships' operations, ashore and on board, will systematically meet environmental criteria.
1. To provide for the prevention of pollution and for a safe working environment.
2. To establish safeguards against all identified environmental risks.
3. To minimize, if possible, the wastes, residues and emissions which are produced by its operations and to always manage them in the most environmental effective way.
4. To continuously improve the Company's environmental performance.
5. To continuously cooperate with its suppliers and contractors for their environmental improvement.
6. Consistently follow all national rules and regulations governing the Marine Industry.
7. Employ suitably competent and qualified personnel who are capable of carrying out operations in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
8. Provide environmental training for our personnel to enable them to effectively utilize the Company's procedures.
9. Formulate corrective and preventive actions, from incident investigation and audit reports, to improve environmental management skills onboard ship and in the Company's offices.
10. Seek to ensure that contractors and suppliers conform to the Company's safety and environmental requirements.
All employees are responsible for implementing the Company's Environmental Policy.